Seattle Air Quality Sampling
The air in your home could be making you sick.
Know what’s in the air you breathe.
At Property Inspector, LLC we’ve partnered with Prism Analytical Technologies, Inc. to provide our clients with the industry’s leading air sampling services. Available at the time of your home inspection or as a separate service, our goal is always to protect you and your family from the things you cannot see including mold and indoor air pollutants. Schedule Your Seattle Air Quality Sampling Now!
Home Indoor Air Quality
Whether you are looking to buy a home, sell one, or are just interested in good home maintenance, you want to make sure the air in the home is safe to breathe.
Buying a Home? Get Help From Home Inspection Seattle
As a home inspector, I can review and report on many things related to the soundness of the home. But one thing I cannot observe with the naked eye are the airborne chemicals present in the home that could potentially affect the health of you and your family. Schedule Your Seattle Air Quality Sampling Now!
Selling a Home?
Having a complete pre-inspection and an indoor air quality assessment performed on a home prior to sale demonstrates to the buyer that you cared for the home you are selling and that there are no issues that could delay the sale.
IAQ Home Survey is a low-cost state-of-the-art indoor air quality assessment that can identify numerous chemical sources, whether they are from known sources (e.g., new paint, potpourri, or carpeting) or from mold that might be hidden from view but potentially found during a full home inspection. The IAQ Home Survey analytical report can be utilized to create an action plan to remove or remediate any issues found prior putting your home on the market. Schedule Your Seattle Air Quality Sampling Now!
Here are some important facts to know:
- The USEPA has reported that home air can have 100 times more chemicals inside than outside.
- The USEPA has also reported that adults and kids now spend most of their time indoors (90%).
- The CDC has reported that 20+ million adults have asthma, and the National Asthma Survey has reported that asthma is the most prevalent chronic disease among children. These numbers continue to increase annually, suggesting that the indoor environment plays a contributing role in this trend.
- Mold growth can be present within the home and be hidden behind walls or underneath carpeting or flooring.
- The use of Formaldehyde is prevalent in certain building materials and the concentration of this known cancer-causing agent can be many times the safe level.
How can I know if my home air quality is safe?
I have chosen to offer my customers IAQ Home Survey™, a state-of-the-art test that allows me to check for chemicals in the air and provide you with an assessment of the home air quality.
- IAQ Home Survey is a low-cost test designed to measure the chemicals in the air and find hidden mold.
- IAQ Home Survey can be easily performed at your convenience on an area of up to 2,000 sq. ft.
- IAQ Home Survey reports the total amount of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) found in the home and whether they are within a recommended safe range.
- IAQ Home Survey predicts the source of the VOCs and determines if the home is the source or if the VOCs are merely from the contents of the home.
- IAQ Home Survey is so sensitive it monitors for the chemicals released by actively growing mold, whether they are behind walls or underneath the carpeting or flooring.
- Formaldehyde can be measured and reported individually for an additional charge. This test is especially recommended for any home constructed or remodeled within the past five years.
Get peace of mind that the air in the home you’re buying or selling is safe to breathe. Call us today about performing an accurate, affordable IAQ Home Survey test as part of a complete home inspection service.
- Click here to view a Sample Analytical Report
- Click here to view a Sample Formaldehyde Report