Seattle Winterization Services
Preventing Frozen and Burst Pipes With Home Inspection Seattle’s Help:
Winterizing The Plumbing System So The Heat Can Be Turned Off
- The water supply is shut off.
- Water heater is drained while faucets are opened after the energy source is turned off.
- Fixtures and appliances are drained.
- Using compressed air we blow out all remaining water in the plumbing system.
- RV antifreeze is added to all drain traps, toilets, and appliances to prevent damage from freezing.
- The furnace can hold water too, so we add it to the condensate drain.
- Signage is posted at all doors, plumbing fixtures and electrical panel. .
If the temperature inside a house gets below 32 degrees Fahrenheit (0° Celsius) it’s likely that the water supply pipes and the drain traps will freeze. When water freezes it expands 9 percent, and if there is no room for expansion it’s possible that the pipe will burst. When the ice thaws the pipe will leak, and in the supply system this leak could occur anywhere. Schedule Your Seattle Winterization Services Now!
Fixing a burst pipe can be expensive, but the damage from uncontrolled water leakage can easily reach into the thousands of dollars. Believe me, you do not want to experience the hassle and expense of having a pipe burst and spraying water all over your basement, or anywhere in your home. Schedule Your Seattle Winterization Services Now!
A properly-insulated house built to current building codes will probably never experience this problem under normal conditions. What do I mean by normal conditions? The heating system runs properly, the electricity supply stays on, and the furnace fuel supply never runs out. Schedule Your Seattle Winterization Services Now!
We are happy to provide Seattle Winterization Services when scheduled with any full home inspection. To order, please Call Or Text (425) 985-3289.